Vegan Pal 2 Questionnaire
1.What is/are your craft(s), & how long have you been doing it/them?
Knitting (3.5 years), crochet (less than 1 year), sewing and beading (off and on over the years), hand quilting (2 years) & embroidery (a few months)
2. Are you a vegan, vegetarian, veg-curious, veg-friendly or other?
3. Is this your first swap, or have you done previous swaps before? What makes a swap enjoyable for you?
I really enjoy learning about my new partner and picking things out I hope s/he’ll enjoy.
4. What is/are your favorite color(s)? Do you particularly dislike any color(s)?
I love reds, yellows, greens and greys. There are no colors I dislike, really.
5. Do you have any allergies (such as pets, foods, fibers or cigarette smoke)?
Food allergies, only: gluten, sesame, tomato & orange.
6. Do you have any companion animals? If so, name(s) and type(s)?*
Sivvie (Cat Overlord)
7. Do you collect anything?
Too much: Children’s 45’s and other kiddie stuff, Mexican kitsch, circus themed items, aprons, buttons, books, craft supplies and yarn, wee things, junk
8. Do you have a favorite vegan food, snack or dish? If no fav that’s vegan (for those who aren’t vegan), what’s your favorite food? (Hopefully your pal can find a vegan version!)
I can’t really do much in the way of pre-packaged foods (see no. 5 re allergies), but I can always find a place in my belly for homemade sweets. Incidentally, I’m not anti-packaged foods in the event that my partner sees something that passes the allergen test.
9. What are some of your favorite/least favorite tastes/flavors? (e.g. sweet, salty, chocolate, crunchy, smooth, tart, sour, spicy, thai, whatever – Help your pal get a feel for what kind of recipes you might like and/or never ever make.)
Sweet and sour is a big no, no! Beyond that I like nearly everything else, with special consideration given to things containing peanut or other nut butters (sweet or savory), Asian food, Middle Eastern food and super spicy things.
10. What tools/supplies/accessories for your craft(s) are you wishing you had but don’t? Also, what do you have TOO many of? (basically a wish and anti-wish list)
After all of these years, I still do not have a portable needle case. I can always use more stitch markers and darning needles. I could also probably use straight needles over a size 10 since I have a few pattern books that call for them, but I’m always too impatient to wait to start the project until I have them. I also only seem to have J/10 and K/10 crochet hooks.
11. Are you on Ravelry? What’s your handle?
12. Is there anything else you would like your pal to know about you?
I like experimenting with unusual fibers, both natural and synthetic. One day I will learn to spin and weave. There is no fiber craft I don’t want to try, really (especially as I have heard of late that there are vegan fibers that work for needle felting). I wish I had more hours in my day and more cubby holes for stuff.
13. What scents do you like/dislike?
I like the smell of food cooking (except for bread because that makes me wheeze and sneeze), but I’m not really a big fan of scented things. Perhaps if something genuinely smelled like chocolate I might like it as I like the smell of cocoa butter. I actively and intensely dislike patchouli.
14. Do you prefer fall or Halloween or some other Autumn theme?
I have no preference.
15. Just for fun – tell your favorite Halloween or Autumn related memory.
The memory that keeps coming back to me is far too sad to share.